1. Whole wheat pita bread
2. Grape tomatoes
3. Spinach + Garlic
4. Mozzarella Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the grape tomatoes in half. Sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes.
2. Sautee the spinach and garlic in a pan.
3. When the tomatoes are ready, prep the pita bread by adding the tomatoes, spinach, and prosciutto slices. Shave on the mozzarella cheese to your liking. Lower the oven to 350 degrees and bake in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
4. Fry an over easy egg in a pan. When the pizza is done, add the egg on top — and ENJOY!
Happy two months to my love, my husband! Thank you for leading our relationship into God’s purpose each and every day. But most of all, thank you for trying to inspire me to do the same. I love you!
* * *
I have a slight confession to make. I’ve been hoarding my wedding photos for a few weeks now trying to sum up the most perfect #breenwedding recap post for the blog. I even painstakingly selected a few of my favorite flicks *so hard*, sized them accordingly and wrote up a draft post, ready to be published. But then, our wedding photographer Nick Radford shot us a text tonight linked to his blog. Lo and behold, he recapped our wedding himself… And I couldn’t have done it any better myself! Genius, that guy.
Nick, Jeff (and company) – Thank you for capturing the most beautiful images ever – Straight from the day that meant so much to us. We are so grateful for your creativity, professionalism and friendship. Yes, we’re totally BFF’s now, roiiiight?? :) Love you guys to death.
Now, without further ado – Head on over to Nick’s blog and check out the images.
BRENDON + JUSTINE WEDDING FILM from Jeff Manion on Vimeo.
Wedding Dream Team:
Venue – The Ace Hotel Palm Springs
Photo – Nick Radford
Video – Jeff Manion
Florals – Simply Stems
Dress – Custom designed by D’Marie Couture
Hair – Mish Mucho
Make Up – Beauti On The Go (Brandi McMillan)
DJ – Freeze Frame Entertainment
Singer – Matt Commerce
Invites – Designed by the Bride // Laser Cut + Printed by Candy Spotting
Day of Coordinator – Former Urban Scarlet intern, Courtney Yee
I’m currently in the hunt for some artwork – big, bold, beautiful art to display around the house. Although the above prints are not big, nor are they strikingly bold – they sure are beautiful. There is something to say about really simple art and Joanne Heckadon from Hey Jo Design really captures that. Her little Pop-Up Print Shop features these beauties (and a few more) – They are all screen printed and all so equally awesome. I love the use of geometric shapes and hints of gold. So perfect.
Do you know of any cool print shops that I can drool over? Please share! xoxo
I’m not one to get down in the kitchen like my husband, so when it’s “my turn” to cook – I usually opt for something insanely easy. This buffalo turkey wrap hits the spot when I’m craving something nice & spicy with lots of freshness… Seriously, if you have two arms and 20 minutes, this is a no brainer for you to try. You’re welcome :)
1. (1) Head of lettuce
2. (1) Pound of ground turkey
3. (1) Cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
4. (1/2) Cup of chopped onions, (1) Teaspoon of chopped garlic
5. (3/4) Cup of shaved carrot, (1) Cup of celery (thinly sliced)
6. Feta or blue cheese (optional)
1. In a large skillet, saute the onions over medium heat until soft (3-4 minutes). Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add ground turkey, season with a dash of salt and pepper, brown meat and cook until cooked through. Drain any grease if necessary.
2. Return meat to pan and stir in the wing sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer for a couple of minutes.
3. Prepare lettuce cups. Place spoonful of meat into lettuce cup, top with a few carrot shavings and chopped celery. Sprinkle with some blue cheese crumbles and/or dressing. (I didn’t have any blue cheese or feta – so I subbed it for light sour cream. SO GOOD!) Wrap up and start eating!
* * *
Photo & Illustration by Urban Scarlet
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
A week ago, my hubby & I launched a collaborative blog, fittingly called The Breen Haus
. It is a little side project of ours to document the highs and lows in renovating our fixer upper. With the new year, we have lots on our “to do” list – including my home office. This little corner of the house isn’t on the top of that list, but we will be working on it off & on as we go. I’ve decided to go with the classic black & white color combo with little pops of color. Above are my two inspiration photos, including some of the fun items I think are necessary to help make this space come to life.
What’s in your dream office?
There is nothing more than I need than the company of my boys — My husband is hilarious, fun to be around and is a great provider. Poncho is my shadow who is constantly attached to my hip and loves burrowing in layers of sheets. I love these two to no end.
Who is your favorite companion?
These are the things that I simply can not live without:
– 2013 Planner by Martha Stewart. BEST. PLANNER. EVAR.
– Pen & erasable highlighter. Yes, erasable. Genius.
– Evolution Of Smooth lip balm — in mint. MMM.
– Altoids. Nuff said.
– Marc Jacob shades. Need this always.
– Kensinginton watch by Nixon.
– Kate Spade wallet. I died when I saw this. But I felt like a winner when I found out it was on sale!
– iPhone4 for all my social needs
– Fingerless gloves that turns into mittens. This thing saves me in the morning.
What’s in your bag?