1. Whole wheat pita bread
2. Grape tomatoes
3. Spinach + Garlic
4. Mozzarella Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the grape tomatoes in half. Sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes.
2. Sautee the spinach and garlic in a pan.
3. When the tomatoes are ready, prep the pita bread by adding the tomatoes, spinach, and prosciutto slices. Shave on the mozzarella cheese to your liking. Lower the oven to 350 degrees and bake in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
4. Fry an over easy egg in a pan. When the pizza is done, add the egg on top — and ENJOY!
I’m not one to get down in the kitchen like my husband, so when it’s “my turn” to cook – I usually opt for something insanely easy. This buffalo turkey wrap hits the spot when I’m craving something nice & spicy with lots of freshness… Seriously, if you have two arms and 20 minutes, this is a no brainer for you to try. You’re welcome :)
1. (1) Head of lettuce
2. (1) Pound of ground turkey
3. (1) Cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
4. (1/2) Cup of chopped onions, (1) Teaspoon of chopped garlic
5. (3/4) Cup of shaved carrot, (1) Cup of celery (thinly sliced)
6. Feta or blue cheese (optional)
1. In a large skillet, saute the onions over medium heat until soft (3-4 minutes). Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add ground turkey, season with a dash of salt and pepper, brown meat and cook until cooked through. Drain any grease if necessary.
2. Return meat to pan and stir in the wing sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer for a couple of minutes.
3. Prepare lettuce cups. Place spoonful of meat into lettuce cup, top with a few carrot shavings and chopped celery. Sprinkle with some blue cheese crumbles and/or dressing. (I didn’t have any blue cheese or feta – so I subbed it for light sour cream. SO GOOD!) Wrap up and start eating!
* * *
Photo & Illustration by Urban Scarlet